Thursday, February 5, 2009

Super Bowl Super Ads...


Okay so I know that it’s late but give me a break. I have a job and it’s not to write on this blog. Especially when no one sees it. But here is to you Super Bowl ads! You went out on a limb, risked it all, spent a hell of a lot and for what. The ads may win awards but did it drive any business?

Companies like Bud Light and Toyata are expected to make the big commercials and spend the big bucks. But what does it do for eTrader? Did you see an increase in new customers on Feb 2? Maybe, maybe not. I want to point this post to High Life. Miller made a mockery of the 30 second spot, saved 3.5 million and still got the exposure it needed.

The Miller One-Second ads were greatness. Only mentioning Miller High Life in two, Miller managed to sell its product with buzz, better then most of the other spots. Seriously, I am so late with this post.

Also, here’s to PETA, though you made probably the naughtiest commercial in history, you got what you wanted. Exposure and buzz. Way to sell your soul to the Devil… Trading ethics for buzz is not always supported, but always talked about.

No comments: